- This event has passed.
Construction Cautions with Air Barriers and Enclosures
May 12, 2016 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
By: Brian Stroik
Registration is from 5:30 – 6:00pm
Presentation is from 6:00 pm – 7:00pm
Download the flyer here.
The Presentation will consist of:
- Describe the process for pre-construction meetings and key criteria and agenda items to ensure performance expectations are met, sequencing, details, etc.
- Explain the various test methods for installation for air & water performance by reviewing ASTM and AAMA test standards.
- Knowledge in critical aspects of design, based on building science principles.
- Successful mock up and testing program to verify continuity, compatibility and sequence of construction.
- Acquire knowledge in critical aspects of design, based on building science principles, by using sample details for continuity, redundancy and certain code requirements of the air barrier system.
- Describe the process for pre-construction meetings and key criteria and agenda items to ensure performance expectations are met, sequencing is done properly, details are well understood and transition from one trade to another is accomplished using sample plans.
- Explain the various test methods for installation verification for both air and water performance by reviewing ASTM and AAMA test standards and how they conducted and when they should be conducted through examples and photo’s
- Plan successful mock up and testing program to verify continuity, compatibility and sequence of construction by review of sample mock-up’s and test methods that can be applied to both quantify performance and provide a learning tool for the construction team.
Brian Stroik is a recognized industry leader in the construction of energy efficient, sustainable and durable buildings.
Stroik works with key industry organizations – including the Air Barrier Association of America (ABAA) and the National Building Enclosure Council (NBEC) – on research and education regarding building enclosures, energy efficiency, and retrofitting and upgrading existing building enclosures.
Stroik is a frequent speaker on the subjects of commissioning the building enclosure (BECx) quality in construction, and mock ups / first run studies. Stroik has also chaired numerous speaker sessions at national conferences and hosted roundtable discussions. He holds the following industry positions and affiliations:
- Current Past Chair, National Building Enclosure Council (NBEC)
- Second Vice Chair and a Director, Air Barrier Association of America (ABAA)
- Advisory Board Member, Building Enclosure Technology and Environmental Council (BETEC a Council of the National Institute of Building Sciences – NIBS), Washington, DC
- Founder and Chair, Building Enclosure Council of Wisconsin (BEC-WI)
- Voting member of ASTM E06 – Building Performance
- Senior Member, American Society of Quality (ASQ)
- Certified, American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE)
White papers by Stroik on the subjects of building energy efficiency and building enclosure design, among others, have been published in The Journal of Energy Efficiency & Reliability, The Journal of Building Enclosure Design and SprayFoam Magazine.
THANKS TO OUR EVENT SPONSOR:
Past Event Photos & Documents
See the slideshow presentation from our May 11, 2017 Green Roofing Event here.