March 5 @ 7:30 am - 10:00 am
- 7:30 am – Registration
- 8:00 am – Event Starts
Event Location: Spazio’s Westport
Cost: $30/BEC Members and $40/Non Members
Kjell Anderson, AIA, LEED Fellow, practices architecture and serves as a Principal and the Director of Sustainable Design at LMN Architects, AIA Firm Award winner in 2016. He brings a pragmatic perspective from designing and detailing buildings over two decades. He wrote the first architect-centered book on energy modeling and has spoken extensively, including the keynote address at the 2016 Simbuild conference. Active in all levels of code review and development, he serves on the Washington State Building Code Council and the AIA National Energy Leadership Group as well as the AIA Washington Carbon Committee. He believes architects are natural leaders and coordinators of the built environment, but need to drastically step up our efforts, taking ownership of our carbon emissions embodied in building materials, from our design’s operational energy use, refrigerants, site design, and more.
- Enclosures as arbiters of comfort and building performance
- Building performance simulation (BPS, formerly Energy Modeling) as standard practice
- Early BPS as a decision-making tool
- Emerging importance of embodied carbon modeling, techniques, tools, and LEED
- Human thermal comfort, thermal bridging, condensation, and hygrothermal calculations
- Passive House techniques
- Balancing embodied carbon with operational carbon
Past Event Photos & Documents
See the slideshow presentation from our May 11, 2017 Green Roofing Event here.